Sunday, December 6, 2009

to many chiefs

You know how it goes, I'm going out on assignment and another boss comes up and says" do me a favor and fuel the buses you all use when you get back tonight, will you?" Of course I said. He called me this afternoon when I was out shopping for groceries and asked me if I fueled the buses last night and my time. I said yeah, you asked and I said yes, didn't you look at the fuel sheet? We write all the milage and gallons down on a spread sheet. Then he went on to talk about the old steam engine that the City of Portland owns and they are running it for the holiday season. I told him what time I worked fueling buses but he didn't listen. We hung up the phone rang and I told my shopping friend, it's him calling to get the time I worked. I told him 12:15 to 1:46 and he said 12:15 this morning? And I said yes. He said he didn't think the zoo was open that long and I said Forestry Center Event! He tried to apologize by saying he no idea that it was going to be so late.

I keep forgetting I'm not 25 any more. I still work like I am. Maybe I'm reliving my younger years because the first time I screwed them up pretty badly. Of course, not all of the screwing up was my fault, only 50%. got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment