Thursday, September 23, 2021

September 23. 2021

And it is even more of a leap than that, my time traveling. As I listen to Roger waters and his band, Pink Floyd takes me back 50 years to sitting in my DS 19 Citroen at the property in Williams Oregon where I worked at least through a summer and part of a winter before moving back to CA. I never imagined what life would be like at 71 but here I am. I have not anything consistently and even my writing has not been consistent, but what writer has done constant writing. I have been writing over 40 years, all of it in paper journals into about 20 years in and then computers and lost much of it. Who cares about all that. It is what I do now that counts, always has and I have never more aware of how important the present is than now,. Just now.

I listen to these great musicians and they have been doing something, building on their music pushing into the future building on their foundations, enjoying what they are doing and feeling incredibly blessed to have come out on the other side of time, I am certain.

I watched 1 1/2 movies this morning with Adam I am sorry who had open heart surgery about a month ago and he in my opinion he is withering away. He sits and half sleeps and sometimes awake, but he is in denial about seriousness of his health condition, still smoking and that was a blow to me. The man has no will to live. I doubt that he has had much a will to live since his wife died. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment