Saturday, March 7, 2009

Yesterday at SW Taylor and SW 17th Ave. a car not making a complete stop

Yes, people seem to be somewhat disconnected from the driving experience. While I made a complete stop, first looking left, then right, then in both my mirrors towards the back and sides and then left again and halfway into the intersection at SW 17th Ave. heading South towards SW Salmon a car heading West on SW Taylor decided to make a jab a go stop, which really isn't a stop. I saw the car and prepared for the hit by aggressively applying my brakes, so much so that my students all exclaimed in surprise, "Joe, what the heck are you doing?" I responded, sorry, a car driver decided not to stop at the stop sign and I was preparing for the hit. It didn't come. The driver apparently saw my big yellow school bus right in front of them and put on the brakes. That car would have dove under my bus and been lodged there like a piece of cheese on a cracker under the grip of my teeth biting down on it.

Since they stopped and I asked if everybody was OK, looking at the same time in the student mirror we then proceeded to the school.

A moment later we pulled up at the school zone stop and I let them all out. See many of you later at 3:15pm when I come back to take you all back to the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment