Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moments of and I know this is not what you have come to expect or is it?

NOt much to say, off the picture frame. I had a whole post that was just wandering and took it to another site, my own personal writings, journal. I have three days off with pay for MLK day as long as I work the Friday before and the Tues. after. And someone said, what do unions do for us? How about the 8 hour day, how about a voice in the work place, how about paid holidays, paid sick days, paid vacations. The unions were the people who forced employers to give us a fair shake. Most people don't belong to a union. Union participation in the US is down to last I checked 13% of the work force. Thats low, but it will get better maybe. Unions. I manned the phone back last week to call people to vote yes on Props 66 and 67 up here in Oregon. These props raise taxes for the more well off including some businesses and the fight against the props is that it is going to sacrifice workers because that is what happens when business is strangled. What happens with business is doing badly, they lay off their workers and move to a country with cheaper labor. Has nothing to do with taxes, it has to do with greed and what is right. Oh, well, got to go. Other fish to fry so to speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment