Saturday, December 19, 2009

Howard Zinn's People's History is being shown on The History Channel

I posted about this on my Face Book page too! I don't think I will ever get to much of many stories. I like stories by story tellers. I like to tell stories too. Howard Zinn's People's History is a perspective that sorely needs to be heard over and over. I saw Howard Zinn in Berkeley several years ago perform his People's History with some famous and not famous personalities. I was inspired by the stories and disappointed upon hearing them that what I learned in school growing up was so much different, so concocted and shaped by those in power who don't want it known that fight isn't over for our Republic. There is still a class fight going on with health care reform, our military rules, War!, and all that those 1% who control the 90% of this countries wealth! We live in a great country, but what has taken place since the Declaration of Independence including the Constitution of the United States is what the land owners of those times and the affluent of our times have sought to keep to themselves, not to share with the rest of us and than means the other 99% of us who work and toil so that a corporation can make make money for it's shareholders and continue to rob from us!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the reminder about this.

    It'll be interesting to see what the historians write about this era, won't it?

    (PS - good luck with the new place! At least you have windows in your "office" -- I don't!)

    ReplyDelete