Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm preparing for my first ever operation....

Wow, an operation where doctors of several skills get together to initiate actions that will bring a change in my physical condition, hopefully to reverse an injury I inflicted by accident on myself. I'm talking about my right knee injury.

On December 30th I slipped on a set of stairs where I live and literally tore the tendon connecting my quadricep muscle from my knee. The pain was incredibly intense and almost beyond enduring, but I had to pick myself up and get to the urgent care. I might have been better off going to the hospital emergency because if I had, they could have taken me to the MRI machine and determined the severity of my injury, without me having to wait and slip through the cracks of modern health care providers until Feb. of 2012.I finally had the MRI on the 5th of Feb. and the health care providers could see the extent of the damage done. When they told me it took someone else explaining it for the severity to sink into my perception of reality.

I'm preparing to have the tendon reattached to the bone, I think it is the Tibia and they will have to put me out through modern chemistry and knock me out.  To me this is a scary proposition. It is scary because I haven't ever had surgery except to have an arm muscle stitched back together when I was 21 or 22. That was a long time ago, when I was younger and more foolish. What is really going to be difficult is not being able to get around well for about 6 weeks! I am going to have to rely on others to help me out. This is very difficult. The whole thing, the operation and the recuperation are about giving up control of ones own life. I am doing my best to prepare myself for this operation near the end of March.

This is probably all I can write about because, I am really distracted and have many tasks and actions that I have to attend to, many that are not related to my general condition that I just wrote about.










No comments:

Post a Comment