Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pet Peaves

Darn it. It is getting harder and harder to be nice to other drivers, not because I am getting grumpy or something, but when I am nice to them, they are so indecisive! For instance, I was on a main street this afternoon, 5 lanes, 2 on each side and a two way left turn lane in middle.

There is a traffic light ahead that is red my direction, only a few cars, can see a gap. A car is pulling from drive on other side street, indicating left turn. I motion to driver with a wave and driver waits, then backs up, turns wheels to right, turns on right turn signal, so I go. Then driver turns wheels after already proceeding forward right and ends up somewhere behind me. I'm thinking WTF? It is so frustrating to be a courteous driver because if you give them a break, they can't figure out what to do with it.

One thing we seldom do is give a break to anyone not paying attention, ie: cell phone chatting, texting, watching videos in front seat, leaning over back seat scolding children or just talking with them.

In the vehicle I drive for work, I just don't care. I have all the time in the world. If I wait for a pedestrian, there is always someone who is passing me, even if I have my hazard lights on. I tend to like now driving my big commercial vehicle that is 37.5 feet long to my 17 foot mini van.

No comments:

Post a Comment