Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Stuggles

My life is a constant struggle. I put that in an ad I posted on a free dating service and a woman responded, what do you struggle with?

Of course, I never heard from her again. I quit that dating site because I am not ready to date. I'm still struggling along trying to make ends meet.

That doesn't mean I am not going to color my grey beard this week because I don't have the money. It means I am not going to do it even though I want to because I have to spread $100 for two weeks of food and fuel, don't even consider an emergency!

I am really starting to feel my age, 59 at the end of the month, that's the 31st of Jan. not the 29th or the 30th, the 31st is the day.

I'm going to have my weekly socialization with my neighbor. We are going shopping. He & I do it every week, sometimes twice.

We talked on the phone and talked about money and I said I had little, he said he hasn't been paid and I said, but you have a wife who you share with. Look at me, I have a dog and a cat, they don't share anything with me except love, which is very important, but it doesn't pay for their food.

Don't get me wrong here. I continue to be very grateful for my life and continue to put my best foot forward. I continue to survive and considering what I put myself through as a young man it is a miracle that I have lived this long and will continue as long as I can. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment